- Amazing positive response
- Still lack participants in Africa
- Need additional participants in Asia and Australia
- Social media connections
- Shift from passive to active solicitation
- Create social media project spaces
My stated next step was to solicit pinhole photographers to participate. The goal is to gather 4-6 pinhole photographers per continent -- Antarctica excluded...unless you happen to know pinholers at the South Pole, please forward contact info ;). My initial solicitation was passive, basically spreading the project plan around my social networks, in order to gauge project interest. The response was tremendous and positive. I'm awe-struck by the magnitude of talent presented by many of the photographers. To be honest, it's humbling they want to participate.
Now I begin active solicitation. I still don't have any Africa-based pinholers. I also need a few more photographers in Asia and north/central/west Australia.
I will post the project plan on F295.org (an amazing pinhole community forum) and search specifically for photographers in regions that lack coverage so far.
To everyone who has responded, thank you very much. It will be difficult narrowing down the list of participants in North America and Europe...so many people who want to take part.
I've created social media connections for the project. Future project updates and connections will likely be made through these locations:
- Website: www.nextbestthingpinhole.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/nextbestthingpinhole
- Twitter: @NextBestThingPH
- Blogger: NextBestThingPinhole.blogspot.com
- Gmail: NextBestThingPinhole
My goal is to provide at least one project update per week, although that may slow down once the project gets running since it will work on a quarterly deadline schedule.
Thanks again to everyone for the phenomenal response.